Hey guys! It’s a new year and that means a new feature! Around the middle of every month I will be doing one of these posts, previewing what I will be doing in the next month and what posts to expect! Without further ado, here’s the first Looking Forward post!
- I will be traveling to the great state of Florida on February 4th! We are going to spend time with my grandparents, see the sights, and I get to hang out with Gabi! I am so excited because it has been FREEZING here and warm weather will be a nice change! I’ll be flying back home to cold Maryland on the 8th.
- I am seeing Sophie Jordan and Victoria Aveyard at the Bethesda Library on February 11th!
- I might be seeing Susan Dennard and Veronica Rossi at the Bethesda Library on February 18th!
- I will be seeing one of my favorite Broadway stars, Sutton Foster, in concert on February 21st! She’s doing a concert series with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra and I’m so glad to be going!
- As some of you know, I am on my school’s QuizBowl team. I will be going to at least one QuizBowl/It’s Academic tournament this month.
- February will be the month of new releases and backlist books! I will be taking a break from ARCs and finally reading all those books on my shelves that I ignore regularly! I will also be reading the books that I’ve pre-ordered because how can you resist reading those immediately?
- I’ve decided that Starflight by Melissa Landers will be my Florida book! It’s only a two hour plane ride, but I should have down time which means time to read!
- I plan to review more books and more of a variety of books! I’ve been reading/reviewing a lot of contemporary lately and I want to switch it up a bit.
- I’m considering doing mini-reviews of not books, but Broadway shows! Would you be interested in that? Let me know!
- I want to show some blogger love! Maybe a post or two highlighting other bloggers and interesting posts!
- With all of the backlist books I plan to read, I was thinking I could do some book discussion posts! I did this for Shadow and Bone and it worked really well.
- February 4– Thank a Mailman Day! Mailmen are pretty cool.
- February 6–Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. I’m all for this!
- February 7– Superbowl Day. I don’t like football but it’s always fun to watch it with my family and eat food!
- February 8–Clean Out Your Computer Day. I should probably do this…
- February 11-Make a Friend Day. I want to make new Twitter friends!
- February 12– Plum Pudding Day. Pretty self explanatory.
- February 14–Valentine’s Day. I am a sucker for love and romance so I love Valentine’s Day! No valentine necessary for this girl.
- February 17–Random Acts of Kindness Day. Buy the next person in lines’ drink!
- February 20–Cherry Pie Day. Anyone want to eat pie with me?
- February 22– George Washington’s birthday. One Last Time.
- February 24– National Tortilla Chip Day. AKA MY FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR (just kidding).
- February 26–Tell a Fairytale Day! I know you all love fairytales.
- February 28– Public Sleeping Day. I will be sleeping alllllllll day.
- February 29– Leap Day!
That’s it for February! Did you like this post? Let me know in the comments!